Thursday 6 March 2014

Hang in there

Not all adopted children and children born to their biological parents get to experience an unconditional love and acceptance from their parents and it is my mission to let them know that they are important.  We are not born a loving people but we learn to love through our parents and all those who contribute positively in our formative stages.  To miss love and acceptance in the early stages of life is to wound a child for years to come.

My daughter is strong willed, her smile lights up the world and the sparkle in her eye is full of hope.  The first thing she does in the morning when she climbs into my bed is wrap her little arms around my neck.  My son is a sensitive soul, his eyes are soft and his voice is velvet.  He wakes me up with kisses on my face and wanting me to acknowledge him and it is an honor for me to be the one who lets them know they matter.

For a child who never found themselves because they either spent their early years in the system or never felt loved by their parents; I have faith that one day your emotional wounds will be healed.  Know that you are not alone.

It is also my hope that all adopted children and mothers who have given up their children for adoption will read this article and find peace.  It is a fearful thing to live out your life not knowing how the people raising your children are treating them and it is also equally fearful to wait years until you can find out why your parent gave you up for adoption. Hang in there, there are many good people in this world that will help you mend your broken wings.



My heart skips a beat

Simply the best

No comments :

Post a Comment