Tuesday 11 February 2014

I am created to live an extra ordinary life



A person I regard as a friend once told me that they have an agreement with God to live an extra ordinary life, if he is poor he wants to poor in a way that other people will look at him and say this person is extra ordinarily poor and if he has wealth he wants people to look at him and say this man has extra ordinary wealth. It so happens that he is extra ordinarily successful and his words resound in my heart when I look at my past, where I am now and the journey before me. I am an extra ordinary woman, married to an extra ordinary man and together we are parenting extra ordinary children whose very presence in our lives was an extra ordinary occurrence. If our family was formed in an ordinary way then we would not have this extra ordinar
y history that will be told to the generations to come.

In my eyes, that a woman across the country, 700km from where I live gave birth to twins I dreamt of four years before it happened and made a decision not to abort them but to rather have them adopted blows my mind. It confirms that God and faith are not just a figment of man’s imagination. His voice echoes in our lives even in the midst of our violent storms and all we need to do is listen and open ourselves up to a voice that is sometimes silenced by our sorrows and life experiences.

I am a living and walking testimony that even the worst of pains can be overcome. I smile, I laugh and I love my children hard. Sometimes I worry about losing them and I’m sure that applies to everyone who makes a choice to love another. My biggest lesson was to learn how not to not carry my painful experiences in my spirit. I have found a place in my soul where I have shelved it so I can be able to live my life in the present and enjoy the small favours God has granted me with.






No comments :

Post a Comment